31.8.09

Advertising






As a kid I loved watching advertising films, maybe more so than classic children movies. Some commercials from the 1980s have left me a strong impression. These films mesmerized me, like a window into a glamorous adulthood. I remember very vividly two in particular:
-the 1980 (I was 4!) Nestlé Dessert chocolat ad where images alternated between a couple shown in Chinese shadows and chocolate melting over a brioche with a rapid raspy music like a cooking whisk on a drum (as shown above)
-the 1982 Heineken film featuring Robert Palmer's music, where the women looked just so self-assured and strong. I think this film became quite culte although it's almost impossible to find it online..(see link)
I realize now how sensual these were for the time..

No comments:

Post a Comment